Wednesday, July 20, 2011

*Sharing is Caring: Taquitos*

We've all learned "Sharing is Caring" and although it's hard to share some of our favorite foods, I find myself more inclined to do so if it is not chocolate. If it is chocolate, you better stay ten feet away or suffer the gnashing of teeth.

Meaning, today I don't have sweets to share. (Shocking, right?)

Don't worry. There will be more to come later this week. I just found this website HelloGiggles via a friend on facebook and was fascinated with the clever, down to Earth treats page created by these girls. While I bet the rest of the site is fabulous, I have to admit I always just go straight to the food section without thinking much about the rest. They have rants, raves, how-to, beauty, entertainment, and other things that probably draw in other girls, but treats did it in for me. So feel free to check the rest out, but I'm sharing a recipe I found for Baked Chile and Potato Taquitos.

First off, I enjoy this section because they have every so often posts entitled "Recipe from My Boyfriend". Men? Who cook? Major win in my book. Not only do they cook, but they share their recipes and let their girlfriends post it all over the internet for others to enjoy. That's a real keeper.

I also am fascinated by the combination of potatoes inside taquitos. My boyfriend usually just gets the chicken and cheese taquitos you find in the frozen food section. I mean, I can get major points off of this recipe as a girlfriend. He'd be so impressed. "You made me taquitos?! They're not frozen?" Not to mention the recipe feeds 2 - perfect portions!

So thank you Marissa A. Ross for sharing this recipe. Check it out at HelloGiggles Here or look below at the copy I've placed.

Baked Chile & Potato Taquitos
Serves Two


Ingredients:
• 2 large potatoes
• ½ medium onion
• 1 jalapeno
• 1 Anaheim pepper
• 1 red chili
• 1-cup cheddar cheese
• 1 packet Taco Seasoning
• Olive oil
• 10-12 corn taco shells

Directions:
1. Use grater and shred the two large potatoes. Add to large skillet with olive oil. Turn
to high heat.
2. Dice onion, jalapeno, Anaheim pepper and red chili. Add to potato mixture in skillet.
3. Sauté until potatoes are golden brown.
4. Grease 13×9 pan with olive oil.
5. Take a warmed tortilla and spread a thin-ish layer of potato mixture in center and
roll into taquito formation. Continue process and arrange on tray.
6. Heat oven to 350 and bake for 25 – 35 minutes – to be safe, monitor for desired
crispiness. Personally, the crispier the better.
7. Serve with DIPS!

No comments:

Post a Comment