Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Things I love after a long day

The top five things I enjoy after a long day.

  1. Cuddling with my boyfriend and/or kitten. Preferably both. Those boys make everything in the world all right.
  2. Warm food awaiting me or made quickly upon my arrival, especially when I don't have to make it. Even just warmed up Chinese food seems to calm my spirits.
  3. A big cup of warm hot cocoa, especially with some marshmallows.
  4. Laying back and watching Disney movies, the food network, or shows about weddings (like David Tutera or Say Yes to the Dress)
  5. A cupcake.
Photo on flickr by mkecupcakequeen

Now I never thought I would come home from a long day, sweaty from a workout, feeling pretty good about life, and reach for a carrot cupcake. But today I did.

The last Sweet Mandy B's cupcake awaited me when I opened the fridge. After finishing off the pan of brownies I made yesterday, it was my one sweet treat for today. I couldn't resist.

If you don't like carrot cake, you will probably not like this cupcake, because it is beautiful crafted to be a carrot cake cupcake. There is that fun nutty flavoring, raisins, orange pieces that you can see to give it color, and a carrot flavor that is not artificial and not overwhelming. The best part is the cream cheese frosting. It is so perfect with that nutty flavoring that I had to calm myself down so I wouldn't just eat the whole top of the cupcake in one bite. While I had only a single pecan on top of mine, it was delicious when I got it with the cake and frosting all mixed together. I bet these cupcakes, pictured above, would be even more fun with the nuts sprinkled on top.

So try out this little treat to mix up your sweets and feel even a little bit healthy about eating a cupcake. It does count as a serving of vegetables right? Let's just say it does. Enjoy!

- Mollie

No comments:

Post a Comment