Saturday, September 24, 2011

Leaving For London

Hello from Across the Pond!

I apologize for the delay in writing, but the past week has been a whirlwind of traveling, moving, meeting people, and soaking in all that is life in London. Meaning I have lots to write about, but very little time to do it in. Don't be afraid though, as soon as classes get started I'll have posts up more regularly tempting you with treats from the British Isles. Although I'll mostly stick to sweets, as per usual, I may wander off to show you some of the traditional meals and foods I couldn't help myself but devour. So stay tuned!

Before all that, I have to talk about the importance of a final meal in the states. My sister and I sat down the day before I left for the airport and she asked me, "What do you want to be your last meal in the US?" Of course, something popped into mind, but I wasn't sure if it was really what I wanted. But when she leaned forward and said "Giordano's?" I knew we both had the same thought.

If you don't know, Giordano's is stuffed pizza from the Gods. It is probably my favorite "Chicago Food" and the best thing to get for special occasions or if you're visiting Chicago. I knew there would be nothing comparable in London, because Chicago pizza is Chicago pizza. You just can't do it any other way. Plus, I hadn't heard the best things about London and pizza. So we made the order and went shopping for toiletries.

I don't know what could be better than being curled up on the couch with my mother and my sister, watching television, with a large slice of stuffed pizza with warm, melty cheese, pepperoni and mushrooms, and a fork. It did get better though when my sister helped me pack and when we finally finished packing (and were under the limit for weight!) and we busted out the celebratory dessert.

Beautiful right?

A Meijer triple chocolate tiger bar cake, which was surprisingly amazing with it's layers, and Cupcake wine. This wine though is my absolute favorite. Moscato D'anti (I hope I spelled that right) is probably the answer to me drinking wine. Usually it's too tart or dry or just makes me wish for something else, something sweeter, to drink. But this wine is a dessert wine and perfect for my sweet tooth. If you're looking for wine and love sweets, it's the one to try. Plus who doesn't like a wine titled "Cupcake"?

With that last taste of Chicago, I'm ready to dive right into everything British and everything delicious they have to offer.

- Mollie

No comments:

Post a Comment