Wednesday, March 9, 2011

After fasting for 40 days and nights, he was hungry.

Those of you who are religious and those who are not may know that today, Ash Wednesday, marks the first day of Lent. This year is my first official Lent, which sounds strange since I've lived through how many other, but it is the first one that I am celebrating as a Catholic. This means I will not eat meat on Fridays and I am going to give up something that is a worldly distraction or keeps me away from my relationship with God.

The hardest part of this will be that I am giving up cookies, ice cream, and candy.
Oh yes, you heard me right.
I am a little bit obsessive about having some kind of cookie, candy, or ice cream in the house so I can have it when I'm in a mood, to celebrate, or just because I feel I need it.
So to challenge myself I am giving up all three of these delicious parts of my life. That means you will probably hear me whine on my blog about it, or that I will start baking more. I didn't give up any other baked goods besides cookies (unless there is candy or ice cream involved in them). This means I will still be writing and you can journey with me during my Lent discovery of what else I can find to satisfy my ever constant sweet tooth.

- Mollie

No comments:

Post a Comment